Creative Expression Contest #CEC
Thank you for your interest in the Refuat Hanefesh inaugural Creative Expression Contest. This contest is meant to help open the conversation surrounding mental illness in our community, reduce the stigma, and generate ideas to increase our communal support and understanding. Below are prompts to get you started, however, your submission could be related to any mental health topic you feel passionate about. We welcome submissions of all types. These can include but are not limited to: articles, poems, videos, songs, pictures or any other format you can imagine. Winners will be chosen from different age groups based on creativity, genuineness, and impact. The first 500 people to submit will automatically receive a gift. Submissions will be accepted until March 30th. Please send any questions to [email protected].
- According to The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, only 17% of the population has optimal mental health. What can we do to improve mental health in our community?
- The year is 2030 and we have eliminated mental health stigma. What does this world look like to you?
- How has your experience with mental health changed you?
1) Can I submit more than one piece?
You can submit as many creative pieces as you want! However, each individual can only win once. Each submission will be judged separately.
2) What age group is this contest for?
All ages! There are 3 age groups in the contest: elementary school, high school, and college and up. Each group has its own prizes and judging rubric.
3) What do the creators of the best pieces win?
Three winners will be chosen from each age group. Prizes include gift cards to large retailers and Amazon Electronics. The first 500 submissions will automatically get a prize.
4) Who will judge the submissions?
The submissions will be judged by the board members of Refuat Hanefesh and volunteers. If you are interested in being a judge please email [email protected].
5) Do I need to be Jewish to submit?
No, you do not need to be Jewish to submit. All you need is an idea and a passion for making your voice heard about mental health!
6) Will you publish my submission?
We may publish some submissions. You have the right to request that we do not publish it or that we publish it anonymously.
7) Can I submit something I have previously published?
All submissions for this contest must be original pieces that have not been previously published.
8) Will men judge songs submitted by female entrants?
No. All the songs submitted by females will be judged by females.